We love the idea of an end-of-the-year ocean unit/theme and this adorable bulletin board designed by the Masood twins of The Friday Class is the perfect compliment! We love that your students can help you create the board – taking a bit of the pressure and work out of it!
Ocean Craft Ideas
- Hand Print Whales. Freehand or find a black and white clip art image to enlarge and trace a whale shape onto light blue or white bulletin board paper. Use a black marker to go over the lines and add any detailing. Setting out shallow dishes of craft paint in assorted colors, invite your students to take turns adding a hand print to the whale cutout.
- Rainbow Fish. Armed with card stock fish cutouts and ink pads in assorted colors, invite your students to collage their fish with fingerprint scales. You might also consider having your kiddos experiment with bubble wrap printing or even pieces of colorful scrap paper to create scales on their fish cutouts.
As far as the other sea creatures go, invite your kiddos to try new craft projects, art mediums, and techniques. Try experimenting with various textures…
- Decorate the cutouts with squeeze paint.
- Cover the cutouts with a thin layer of glue and add colorful rice or sand.
- Dye cotton balls and use them to collage the sea creature cutouts.
“Fishy Swishy” Ocean Bulletin Board
- Background: Cover the entire bulletin board with aqua background paper, adding a strip of brown or tan paper at the bottom to create the ocean “floor”.
- Title: “The Fish In The Ocean Go Swish, Swish, Swish – All Through The Ocean!”
- Border: Dark blue wavy trimmer or ocean themed bulletin board border.
- Decoration: Create seaweed and kelp using construction paper or scraps of background paper in various shades of green and add your students’ sea animal crafts to the “water”!
Thanks for stopping by! We’d love to hear your thoughts so be sure to connect with us on Facebook or leave a comment below!