We love this colorful mixture of children’s literature and back-to-school fun! Designed by Stephanie Gubbini, kindergarten teacher and creator of the blog, Aloha Kindergarten!, this welcome board would be perfect for any preschool/kindergarten classroom!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Welcome Board
- Background: Black or aqua bulletin board paper.
- Title: “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom…Welcome To Your New Room!”
- Border: Colorful patterned bulletin board border or jungle theme trimmer.
- Decoration: Cut a large tree trunk from brown bulletin board paper, attaching it to the right side of the bulletin board. Cut six large “palm fronds” from green background paper, stapling these to the top of the trunk. Instead of attaching the leaves flush to the board, create a 3D effect by adding purposeful ‘ripples’. Cut three medium size circles from brown construction paper and place these between the top of the tree trunk and the leaves as “coconuts”. Using your bulletin board letters, cut and trace letters from construction paper in assorted colors. Arrange these haphazardly around/on the tree and the board. To add visual interest, create two sizes of letters.
Supplies for this bulletin board…
- Black or aqua bulletin board paper
- Bulletin board letters
- Colorful patterned trimmer or coconut palms wavy border
- Brown and green background paper
- Construction paper in various colors
We love mixing literature and classroom decor! Do you have any fun bulletin board designs that go with your kiddos’ favorite book? We’d love to hear about them! Be sure to leave us a comment below or find us on Facebook!