Sara is an educator in Spain and she recently sent us a photo of her lovely spring bulletin board – inspired by several designs featured here and created by her talented year 5 students. We thought we’d pass it along to help inspire your own spring decorations!
April Showers Bring May Flowers
- Background: Light blue bulletin board paper. Add a scalloped strip of green background paper to the bottom of the board to create grass!
- Title: ”April Showers Bring May Flowers!”
- Border: Colorful patterned border, spring themed trimmer, or complimentary solid color border.
- Decoration: 1) The Flowers & Umbrellas. Provide your students with decorative scrapbook paper in bright colors, inviting them to use templates or simply draw and cut flower and umbrella cutouts. Arrange the flowers in the “grass” on the lower half of the board, and the umbrellas on the top half. 2) The Bugs. Spring brings out all of the bugs! Add some fun brightly colored insects to your board. While paper and markers always work, consider trying one or more of the following projects for a fun 3D effect…
3) The Rain. Don’t forget the raindrops! Have your kiddos cut drop shapes from aluminum foil to create a shiny/shimmery look and arrange them around the board.