We found this adorable (and inspirational!) bulletin board on the classroom blog of fifth grade teacher Stephanie Giese and thought – with its uplifting message, its colorful design, and its display of student work/pictures – it would make a perfect addition to any classroom this winter!
- Create traditional snowflake cutouts with folded paper and scissors.
- Design beaded snowflakes from silver chenille stems and an assortment of white, clear, light blue, etc. beads.
- Paint craft sticks, then arrange and glue them into a snowflake shape. For added fun, coat the snowflakes with fake snow like these found at Confessions of a Homeschooler.
- Create snowflakes from q-tips, adding a layer of glitter or fake snow to each unique creation.
As Unique As Snowflakes Board
- Background: Cover the board with blue bulletin board paper.
- Title: “We’re As Unique As Snowflakes!”
- Border: Use a snow- or winter-themed bulletin board trimmer or a complimentary solid color border.
- Decoration: Use your students’ snowflake crafts, adding the child’s picture and name as finishing touches. You might also consider adding a few extra simple snowflake cutouts (made from white and gray construction paper) if there’s blank space.
We’d love to know what you do to get your classroom ready for winter, so leave us a comment below!